Substitute Teacher Information
How to Become a Substitute Teacher
To become a Substitute Teacher, you must have the following:
- A valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- A valid Arizona Teaching Certificate or Substitute Teaching Certificate
- Applicant must be able to supply three verifiable references
- A completed application
- PUSD School Governing Board Approval
Information to obtain a IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card:
- Make an appointment to be fingerprinted through Fieldprint's website here.
- All fingerprint cards must be IVP (Identity Verified Prints) Fingerprint Clearance Cards
- Answer the questions required and make the payment of $74.99 to the Department of Public Safety before being printed.
- For further information, please visit the Arizona Department of Public Safety website, or contact them by phone at (602) 223-2279
Information to obtain a Substitute Certificate